The Outremer 5X is one of the most successful performance catamarans available on the market today. The prestigious design team is one element: hull design by VPLP (well known for their designs of ocean racing multihulls), Franck Darnet for the interior, Michel Desjoyaux for the deck plan and Patrick Quément for the overall project.
This focus has given the Outremer 5X all the important qualities essential for a long-distance cruising cat: security, speed, ease of sailing, living space, comfort and of course elegance. It's a boat that won't leave you indifferent, whether you're new to multihulls or an experienced ocean sailor.
Michel Desjoyaux's deck plan (for those that don't know him, double winner of the Vendée Globe Challenge) is focussed on family, or short-handed sailing. It's simple to use. The Outremer 5X is a powerful boat but is aimed at the regular sailor with little or no crew.
After sailing accross the Pacific for a few years Moana has undergone a complete refit at the Outremer Grand Large yard in France :
- Complete overhaul of the Webasto refrigerator and deep freeze, including a new sea water exchanger for the refrigerator and a new compressor and a new eutectic plate for the deep freeze
- In-depth maintenance of the two Volvo diesel engines; disassembly/inspection/refit of the two sail drives; replacement of the bellows (following manufacturer's recommendation); sanding and repainting of the starboard engine and sail drive
- Complete overhaul of the davits, replacement of tube inserts with stronger ones and reinforcement of anchoring to the aft main transverse beam
- Replacement of the worn-out port electric winch gearbox with a new one
- Replacement of the defective Facnor jib upper swivel with a new one
- Replacement of two (WC water intake) metal valves and through-hulls by plastic ones; no more metal valves on board
- Repair of various nicks and dents on the gelcoat to maintain deck and hull waterproofing
- New Spade 32kg anchor and new Delrin anchor rode rollers
- Removal of the two dagger boards, sanding to the core, addition of a strat layer to the tailing edges and full repainting
- Mainsail inspection, replacement of batten boxes and re-stitching where needed, by Delta Voiles
- New mainsail sheet
- Replacement of all fire extinguishers with new ones
- Replacement of the two Volvo engines starter batteries with new ones
- One coat of grey paint in the hull bilges central sections, port and starboard
- Annual scrub and polish of the hulls and decks
This adds to all the professionnal maintenance and upgrades that were done by the best yards in the Pacific (BoatWorks Australia, Norsand NZ). If you love to sail, her equipment list is impressive: Carbon mast and full suite of sails that were reviewed and maintained in 2018, Kevlar rigging installed by Doyle Rigging with a new martingale in 2018. She's also a boat prepared for a family to enjoy all that cruising has to offer, from a Bose home cinema (also 2018) to an inflatable beach catamaran, including dive equipment: nothing is missing. With lithium batteries and an intelligent charging system linked to an impressive solar capacity, you can be sailing or anchored somewhere secluded in full autonomy.
Moana is one of the best blue water cruising catamarans available. She is the only pre owned Outremer 5X available on the world market. Offered at 1 150 000 euros she represents a great buying opportunity. The waiting time for a brand new Outremer 5X is currently 2 years and prices are upward of 2 millions euros VAT included…