The Orana 44 from Fountaine Pajot, Kelani, is an ideal cruising catamaran great for sailing far and tropical lifestyles. The boat gives good performance under sail, due to her relatively narrow hulls and light displacement and a generous sail plan. The interior space remains comfortable for living aboard and the cockpit is generous, even including a sun deck!
There is a semi flybridge helming position, with space for 2 or 3 people and protected by a mini bimini. The electronics, engine controls and sail handing are all regrouped making shorthanded sailing easy.
The interior is light and airy with good headroom. One feels comfortable especially with the cockpit opening into the saloon via a big sliding door which gives a roomy living area.
Kelani is the 4 cabin, 4 bathroom version with a special set-up for the ‘owners’ hull. The aft starboard cabin has an ‘island’ bed (one can walk all around) which makes it very comfortable. The other 3 cabins have semi-island beds, so access on 2 sides.
This Orana 44 is particularly well equipped for cruising:
- Furuno electronics with control panels at the helm station and chart table
- B&G Zeuss 3s at helm station, AIS and VHF, radar dome all 2022
- 750 Ah of batteries from 2019, engine battery 2021
- 1090 W of solar power and 2 wind generators, new Honda 2.2 kW generator
- Water maker 40l/h 12 V, fully overhauled 2022
- 2 fridges, washing machine
- 2 electric toilets to add to the 2 manual
- Sails in dxcellent condition due to low usage
- Rocna anchor and 90m of chain 2022
- Anti-fouling done march 2023
The aesthetics on this catamaran are in perfect condition. The boat has only been lightly used in the Med before making the passage to Polynesia in 2018/2019 and then again light sailing in French Polyensia and long periods of hard stand storage.
This is the ideal cruising boat for the South Pacific, for a family or friends, with plenty of comfort, owner’s cabin and all the benefits of a 4-cabin version. This Fountaine Pajot Orana 44 is perfectly equipped for ocean crossing, currently carefully stored on the hard and waiting for her next adventure. A must see for serious cruisers!