The Lagoon 380 is a classic Lagoon Catamaran design, giving an affordable and stylish small catamaran. The interior layout gives a living space that’s surprisingly roomy for its size. The cockpit leads through a sliding door to the saloon and galley. There is a large table with couch seating that can easily double as another single bunk if needed. The saloon is light and airy with 360 surround view through the trademark Lagoon catamaran vertical windows.
Poe Mai’a is in owner’s version, so there is the owner’s hull with queen sized bed and separate shower and toilet. In addition, the forepeak has been converted into a workroom/storage which is a useful space. The 2nd hull with 2 double cabins and bathroom has lots of room for children and guests.
This Lagoon 380 has many strong points, the most significant are 2 brand-new 29hp Yanmar engines with new saildrives and propellers – there are under 30h on each. In addition, the boat is cruising equipped with a 30l/h watermaker (installed in 2010), 300W of solar (from 2016) and 440Ah of house batteries (from 2019).
As you’ll see this catamaran has benefitted from regular maintenance and equipment replacement, notably:
- Standing rigging from 2015
- Genoa from 2014 and furler from 2019; full batten mainsail from 2010 and maintained in 2014
- Lofrans Tigre windlass from 2016
- 1500W Victron charger inverter from 2010 – connected to 220V plugs in all cabins
- Lowrance Elite 7 chart plotter from 2016 and Garmin electronics from 2014
- New matrasses from 2017
- Full anti-fouling including new new primer coat in Feb 2020
In addition, the boat has a marina berth in the Vaiare Marina in Moorea
Poe Mai’a is a lovely example of a well-loved catamaran. The Lagoon 380 is easy to sail and comfortable to live on, the perfect small catamaran to enjoy French Polynesia or further abroad.