Hallberg-Rassy 42F MKII is a very popular and comfortable cruising yacht designed for blue water navigation. Tudo Bem is in excellent condition, one of the best examples of a strong and cruising monohulls we’ve seen recently. This is a rare opportunity that is in perfect condition and with much care and detail from the sailor owner.
The Hallberg-Rassy 42F was designed by award winner by German Frers, and built by Hallberg Rassy who are known for quality yachts. The 42F MKIII model is 43,4 feet (13,22 meters) length. Versions of the Hallberg Rassy 42 have been voted a Top-5 boat in sailing publications including as a top cruising boat for couples and, most recently, #4 in the “40 Best Sailboats” ever in Cruising World in 2019. The vessel was built under the supervision of Germanischer Lloyd and comes with the accompanying certificate.
The current owners bought the boat in 2020 in Spain and sailed it to French Polynesia, in a sabbatical family sail trip. In the last 2.5 years aboard sailing the world, the owners made lots of upgrades in a boat that was already in excellent condition in 2020 (detailed survey of that period is available). To be comfortable and safe in their trip with two small children they have ensured that there is all the latest equipment to guarantee safety and autonomy.
This investment included:
- 2023 – Complete Standing Rigging replacement, with all parts imported from the US
- 2023 – Washing machine 3kg
- 2023 – Starlink satellite internet
- 2023 – Fresh water pump
- 2023 – Wind sensor B&G
- 2022 – Solar panels (750W) and Victron mppt controller
- 2022 – Inverter Xantrex 1.500W
- 2022 – Dinghy outboard engine NS 9.8hp
- 2022 – Radar B&G
- 2022 – Autopilot Raymarine
- 2021 –Watermaker Spectra Cape Horn 12V 56 liters/hour
- 2021 – Rocna Anchor 25kg + 100 mts chain
- 2021 – Bimini and Sprayhood
- 2021 – Arch Davits for dinghy and solar panels
- 2021 – 6×140 amp AGM battery bank
- 2121 –Alternator 70 amp
- 2021 – Battery charger Mastervolt
- 2021 – Iridium Go satellite phone
- 2021 – AIS Transceiver
- 2021 – Fortress Anchor (to be used as spare or stern anchor)
The secure center cockpit has beautiful teak and provides great visibility from the helm that is protected with bimini and dodger. All lines lead aft and, with the furling systems, the vessel can be singlehanded.
Tudo Bem carries the standard interior layout with a spacious Aft cabin (near queen sized bed) with ensuite head and shower, with lots of storage. The chart table area is to port base of stairs. To starboard of the companion way is the Galley, and ahead of that is a sofa which also functions as two sea berths with lee cloths . There is a central folding dining table with drinks locker in centre. The area in front of the mast is the ensuite cabin and hanging locker.
The previous owners also were also very careful and invested a lot to have the best boat possible. In the list below, it is possible to see that in 2015, again in 2018 and 2020 the boat has undergone a series of improvements and investments.
Contact for the full inventory.