The Catana 471 Ocean Class is a powerful, fast and safe boat. Built with vinyl ester resin, PVC closed cell foam and carbon fibre reinforced bulkheads, meaning a quality build made to last.
The Catana is a performance catamaran, with daggerboards giving excellent upwind sailing performance and is set up with a gennaker as well as solent foresail and large 90m2 mainsail. The boat is easy to manage single handed. The centre cockpit electric winch allows for all sail handling without leaving the cockpit, as well as lifting the dingy onto the davits.
The advantage of the Catana is it combines performance with space and comfort. Zen is a 4-cabin 4 bathroom version. The interior has attractive wood paneling, a large salon with table seating, galley facing aft with corian work surfaces. There is plenty of storage, the beds are large
Zen was fully refitted in the Catana yard in 2012 and has been in private ownership ever since and maintained by the yard until 2021 when the boat set sail for the Pacific. The equipment and maintenance list attest to the care that has been taken of this boat:
- Engines new in 2019 and only 800h
- All thru hulls changed 2018, rudder bearings changed 2022
- Mainsail 2016, all sails removed and stored when boat not used so condition very good
- Rigging, furlers, genoa and gennaker all 2012 and well maintained
- Full Raymarine electronics incl chartplotter, autopilot, wind/speed/depth, VHF from 2016
- Raymarine radar added in 2019
- Equipped for ocean sailing with AIS, IridiumGO, Pepwave Maxi wifi router
- 8 solars panels with 2 MPPTS charge controllers installed 2020
- Hydrogenerator installed 2022
- Aquabase 50l/h watermaker with new membranes in 2022
- Anchor, chain and windlass 2022
- Aluminium 3.8m dingy 2022
The interior has all the comfort equipment that you might need, including 2/4 electric toilets, washing machine, dishwasher, 2 fridges/freezers. There is airconditioning powered by and Onan generator. All safety equipment is up to date and serviced, and there are spares needed for a long trip on board.
Contact to arrange your visit and download the inventory for the full equipment listing.