The Catana 381 performance catamaran is true to the reputation of the Catana yard and solidly built for ocean cruising. The design is noticeable with the hulls inwards inclined, deep daggerboards and a high bridge deck clearance, and overall giving the sporty look of a fast ocean sailing catamaran. The build has structural bulkheads reinforced with carbon and a Kevlar skin which allows for a lightweight 5.6 ton build which retains rigidity, the 2 factors necessary for good performance and safety. The aft central helm position is high and offers good visibility all around the boat, including bows and sails.
The Catana 381 is easy to manoeuvre solo or short-handed. The double mainsheet is next to the helm position making managing the square topped main a breeze. The genoa sheets lead to the cockpit as do the gennaker sheets, the cockpit itself is deep and will all sail management done from here, one feels safe even when sailing with children.
The interior is cosy and practical, with 4 double cabins and 2 bathrooms. The chart table is on starboard on entry and the galley on port and communicates directly with the cockpit and one can manage the sails in 2 steps. The saloon table is comfortable space and is big enough to seat 8, with cream skye upholstery. For night watch one can rest here to be close to the chart table and the cockpit.
The Raymarine chart plotter at the helm station is an Axiom from 2019 and links to a tablet to broadcast information to where you’d like it. This gives 3 places to monitor sailing progress, the helm station, from the cockpit where the instrument panel is over the companionway and on your tablet.
Daisho is in perfect sailing condition and well equipped for life on board, with lots of new sailing equipment :
- Engines less than 3000 h
- Folding propellors
- Standing rigging changed 2020/2021
- Running rigging changed 2021
- Service batteries 880 Ah from 2020
- Engine batteries from 2019
- Hydralic steering tubing changed 2019
- Raymarine Axiom chartplotter from 2019, linked to tablet
- Raymarine I70 series instruments and autohelm from 2015
- Victron Pure Sinus 800 W Inverter from 2019
- 900W Solar Panels with 4 panels from 2015, MPPT charge controller 2016
- Aquabase watermaker 35l/h de 2011
- Isotherm fridge with freezer compartment 2020
- Complete set of sails : mainsail, genoa, storm jib, code 0, asymmetrical spinnaker and spinnaker
- Rigid bimini with water catching system 2015
- 3D Tender dingy and Mercury 8 CV from 2018, cover from 2021
- Liferaft 2014, serviced 2020
- Iridium Satellite Telephone 2013
Daisho is registered in France and imported into French Polynesia, making her the ideal boat to discover this region as a family or a couple – or of course to sail further.