Amel 54 in “Best/Excellent Condition” as rated by Amel expert Bill Rouse in his recent assessment of the boat : “is in the best condition of any Amel that I have reviewed in the last 5 years”!
The Amel 54 Lady Charlyette is in exceptional condition. In addition the boat has a list of improvements and equipment changes on board that support this evaluation.
The current owners purchased the boat in La Rochelle in France and took their time preparing her for their adventures. To mention just some of the most important additions and improvements, you will understand that there has been a big investment both financially and time in the preparation :
- Hardtop bimini custom made in Martinique, with plexi panels forward and overhead so that sail trimming is possible from the helm station. This is more than an improvement on the original Amel 54 design, excellent weather proofing, mainsail and mizzen sail are visible which is not the case with the standard bimini, and an excellent aesthetic design. There are also sun shades and rain shades and a winter enclosure.
- Installed on the hardtop is 680W of solar from 2020, in addition to the solar installed in on the davits for a total of 1280W in 2 mppt controlled solar arrays
- A full set of new service batteries just installed in Sept 2023
- Simpsons electric davits, very strong and easy to use setup including an stainless steel solar support and space to store your water toys
- All electric furling systems have been upgraded and replaced, Reckman for the genoa, profurl for the staysail and a new Amel bespoke in mast furler and outhaul for the mainsail.
- High quality hydranet mainsail, genoa, staysail and mizzen sail new in 2023. Also new in 2023 the gennaker and ballooner in cruise pr. Nylon all from QSails.
- Full standing rigging replacement in 2023
- Coppercoat hull protection done in 2020 and good for 10years, and protective wrapping to prevent gelcoat chafe in the fender area
- Forward sonar has been installed in 2021 to make a full electronics kit
- The inside of the boat to an equally high standard, with 3 fridge/freezers, Brandt induction cooker, and Steba electric steam oven, air conditioning and heating, washer and dryer, dishwasher.
- A long list of spare that make future maintenance of the boat easy
The Amel 54 is the successor to the Amel Super Maramu and respects the same quality design and construction techniques that have made the Amel brand so respected. The hull is longer and there is more beam giving more speed and stability. The masts are also longer with more power in the sails, the hatches flush deck and the anchor rollers allow for both primary and 2nd anchor to be in place. There are also electric winches to hoist the dingy, in this case upgraded to the Simpsons unit. Inside the design remains true to the classic Amel style, with wood panelled finish and enough room for family and friends. There is a very large owners suite aft along with a large double cabin forward plus a cabin with double bunks that can be setup as a sofa as well. These 2 forward cabins can be joined or separated. In front of these cabins there is a bathroom with separate shower and workroom with washing machine and dryer. Back in the saloon there is a magnificent table with adjacent lounge chairs and bar area.
There is much care and attention that has been given to the preparation and maintenance of Lady Charlyette. The boat is truly ready to make any journey in safety and comfort. A rare product for a discerning new owner.
Contact for the full technical file and to arrange your visit.